Friday, July 27, 2018

Withdrawal is on Hold



I had no idea that it has been so long since I posted.  I apologize and I will do better in the future.  I'll do my best to put up something new at least every other day.

I decided about a month ago that it was time to take out some of my online poker bankroll.  The situation has changed and I'm not going to do that yet.  This has not been a good month.  I will say more about that when I post my July results.

Unless something miraculous happens in the next three days, July is going to be my first negative month this year.   There is nothing usual about that.  Short-term variance happens.*  In 2017 I had three negative months and still made a profit.  The problem is that I took a hit at about the same time I was ready to withdraw.

I'm in a position where I'm down over $100 this month, the withdrawal amount was going to be $300 and there is a $50 fee for withdrawing.  Again, I'll talk more about this in an early August post, but the gist is that the timing is bad.  I don't want to blow up my bankroll.

August should be a better month for a lot of reasons which will be explained in future posts.  I'll take another look at the situation in early September.  I hope to withdraw then.

A always, your questions and comments are welcome (see box below.)

----------

*If you want to read a long (34 pages) and nerdy explantion of statistical variance in poker, read this:

https://web.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-102710-152357/unrestricted/DITULLIO.pdf


If you want to keep it shorter and less nerdy read this:

http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy/other/variance/


No comments:

Post a Comment