Sunday, October 29, 2017

Milestone--Juicy Stakes Poker


My balance on Juicy Stakes Poker is now $250.02.  $250 is a nice round number, but it's more important than that.  The minimum withdrawal on that site happens to be $250.

Of course I'm not going to take out the money that I've made so far.  My job this year was to grind up a decent bankroll on both Juicy Stakes Poker and Americas Cardroom so that I would have more money to play poker as well as more places to play.  I guess I'm one for two on that one, as Americas Cardroom didn't go so well.

My plan is to take out $250 next year when my Juicy Stakes bankroll is over $500.  I never want my bankroll to go down, it should always be going up.  It will work something like this:

When I started this year my bankroll was around $40.  I've been grinding it up and now it's $250.

I keep grinding until my balance is $600.  I withdraw $300 and my new balance is $300.

I keep grinding until my balance is $750.  I withdraw $350 and my new balance is $400.

I keep grinding until my balance is $900.  I withdraw $400 and my new balance is $500.

The above are just estimates off the top of my head.  As my account balance grows I will be bankrolled to play higher and make more money, but poker tournament variance being what it is, it's hard to know exactly how and when that will happen.

There are other variables as well.  There will be times when I want to withdraw as much and as often as possible, and there will be times when I want to concentrate on growing my bankrolls.  Another factor is that at some point I'll be spending a lot more time on Americas Cardroom to get that bankroll growing.  Finally, I'll have to make some decisions on how to divide the money that I take out, and there are a lot of places that it could go, including, in no particular order:

a stake to revive the Americas Cardroom bankroll
a stake to start a live tournament bankroll
family budget
poker expenses such as office supplies, hardware, software, and poker books
owner's capital

There is always a lot to plan and think about, but things are definitely going in the right direction.  As always, your comments and questions are welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment