Sunday, February 28, 2016

No Live Tournament Last Night


I didn't play the $50 freezeout last night.  I was a bit under the weather and very tired, so I passed.

If I had a so-called regular job I would have gone to work.  I worked for 12 years in a place where I sometimes worked all three shifts (first, second and third) in the same week.  I took every hour of voluntary overtime that I could get, which often meant 12- to 16-hour work days.  A 60-hour week was not unusual.  I was tired all the time

The difference is that when I went to work tired, I still got paid for that day.  If I go to a poker tournament tired, playing badly can cause me to lose money.  That's probably what would have happened, so I had to skip that one.

I said earlier that I'm being very choosy about tournaments, and because of the buy-in I'm skipping the one tonight.  I'll give it another shot next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment