Friday, August 16, 2013

Results for July 2013


I'm still fighting a lot of tech battles.  I got my computer back from the shop yesterday.  It was an entirely new problem than the one before.  I wasn't losing control of my computer.  It was more like a series of small problems that were gradually causing enough problems that I had to take the computer back in.

I kept getting a message that said "SOS.messaging", whatever that is, is not working.  I finally got tired of seeing it, I googled it, and found out it was a registry error that would eventually cause significant system problems.  I was unable to download a new version of AOL.  There were a lot of other little problems that were adding up to be a pretty big annoyance.

Because of dealing with all that and other tech issues, helping to take care of my mother-in-law, and other things that were going on I didn't get to play much.  I didn't reach my goal of 100 hours last month, but at 90.5 hours, it was a good try.  I hope to do better in August.

Here are the numbers, with comments:

Hours (goal of 100)
 32.50  play
 31.75  study
 26.25  administrative
--------
90.50   TOTAL

The high number of administrative hours is because of all the issues I'm dealing with.  When I'm trying to get Holdem Manager to work, I'm not playing or studying.  I'm happy with the study hours.  I'm learning a lot, while still being almost overwhelmed by all there is to learn.  I know that once I have the bankroll to play MTTs on a regular basis (assuming enough of them are running on Americas Cardroom), there's going to be a big breakthrough sooner or later.

Profit and loss: -$17.54
Bankroll: $142.84

Not a great result, but only having played 32.5 hours in July, it doesn't mean much.  Besides, I wiped out that loss with one MTT on 8/3:

$5.50, 5th of 189, cash of $31.35, net $25.85

I know that MTTs are where I belong, but I'm not really bankrolled to be playing them on a regular basis.  I if played 10 $5.50 MTTs in a row without cashing (a very likely short-term possibility) it would cost me 38% of my bankroll.  That's not a risk that I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment