Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekly results for 3/27-4/2 and 4/3-4/9

It has been quite a struggle to get myself back on a daytime schedule.  I was a zombie all of those two weeks, way too tired to play much poker, or even to study anything and make sense of it.  I didn't get a lot of hours in, and twice when I did push myself to play I was so tired that I had to abandon the tournament.

When I am fighting to stay awake while playing a tournament that won't be in the money for at least two more hours, there isn't much point in continuing.  When I get really tired, I get impatient and try to make something happen, usually by going all in when I have plenty of time to wait for a better spot.

So with two abandoned tournaments during those two weeks, plus one more that I cut short due to storm warnings and thunder, I basically lit a match to three buy-ins.

For a two-week period in which I didn't put in much time, here are the results, such as they are:

HOURS, 3/27-4/2
Administrative     4.75
Study                      10.25
Play                         19.75
                                 -------
                                 34.75

Those hours aren't too bad considering that I started changing my schedule around the end of March.  And a 2 to 1 ratio of play to study isn't too bad.  I would like to have had more play hours, but I'm glad I got the study in.  In the medium- to long-term, study matters, a lot.

PROFIT AND LOSS, 3/27-4/2
Starting bankroll, 3/27  $85.90
Ending bankroll, 4/2         77.35
                                                 ---------
                                                -$8.55

Most of the above loss happened in March, and so has already been accounted for in my month ending post.

HOURS 4/3-4/9
Administrative  1.25
Study                     1.50
Play                        8.50
                               -------
                               11.25

I spent all of that week fighting to get myself on a morning schedule, getting up a little earlier each day, and it was quite a battle.  I'm not there yet, but I am at least able to function in the morning.  I went to church this week, and to a morning dental yesterday (one cavity) and stayed awake and lucid both times.  But I'm up typing this at 2 A.M., so obviously I'm not there yet.

PROFIT AND LOSS, 4/3-4/9
Starting bankroll, $77.35
Ending bankroll,      77.12
                                     ---------
                                    -$0.23

I was about even last week, and the same is true so far for this month. Yesterday I thought I was ready for a large MTT, and I started one at 1916.  I lasted less than an hour and went right to bed.  I fell asleep almost immediately, which for me is unusual.  But for some reason the alarm on my phone went off two hours later (the alarm was set as an event reminder on my calendar, but the event (my dental appointment) was the previous day.

I couldn't get back to sleep, and I didn't think it was smart to play, so here I am, catching up on my administrative work.  Even so, I expect things to go a lot better the rest of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment