Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Carnage in the nanostakes

Bankroll: $47.15
-$4.15

Wow, was yesterday ever a bad poker day!  Even as I was typing this entry, I somehow got booted while writing this post.  Fortunately, Blogspot has an autosave function that works once a minute, so I didn't lose much.

So, on with the post:

This was one of those days when I played reasonably well, and nothing went right.  Up until today, when playing tournaments with a buy-in of less than $1, I had never failed to cash 4 times in a row.  I had never lost more $1 in a day at those stakes--until today.  I can hardly that I'm about to type the next line.

I lost over $4 in one day at nanostakes.

I went card dead for 30 minutes or more at a time, several times.  I went all-in preflop with AK and lost to 43.  Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, and I can only think of one hand that I badly messed up.  It was one of those wierd spots where I was either way ahead or way behind (I flopped bottom 2 pair on a dangerous board) and instead of committing to the hand or getting out, I kept making my standard 1/2 pot bet, hoping that my position would become clearer.  That never happened, and I lost a lot of my stack on that hand.

Still, it was a tough spot, and I can't think of any spots that I seriously misplayed in any of the other tournaments.  Sometimes it just happens like that.  I played 6 tournaments with a buy-in of 10, 25, or 55 cents, and I lost them all, not even once getting close to a cash.
That never happens. I cash very regularly in these things, and when I don't cash, I'm usually close.  I'm still up $6.83 this month at nanostakes even after yesterday's debacle.  Variance being what it is, I can comfort myself with the thought that at some point I'll have a day that will be as amazingly good as yesterday was amazingly bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment