Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/2/2010--May 2010 results

Beginning bankroll, $151.45
Ending bankroll, $193.34
+$41.89


I was breakeven most of the month. I had a good week the last full week of the month, as detailed in my previous post. I also had a couple decent days on the 30th and 31st, so overall, a very nice month.


Using strict bankroll management, I am bankrolled for tournaments up to $3.30. PokerStars tournaments are usually "raked" for around 10%, that is, given a tournament entry fee of $3.30, $3 goes into the prize pool and $0.30 goes to PokerStars.


I'm not too far away from being bankrolled for $4 tournaments, which will give me another good option. There are $4.40 (bankroll requirement $237.60), 180-man tournaments that will be a good option for me when I don't have the time to play for hours as a time. Setting aside 6+ hours to play a tournament with thousands of people has been a real challenge.


But these 180-man tournament are long enough, with a big enough prize pool, to have a lot of the characteristics of an MTT. The prize pool is $720, 18 places are paid, and first place is $218.


Overall it was a good month, but there are always things to be worked on that will make this venture more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment